Series Grand Finale & Ultra Short Track Team Relay (Mon 07/31/17)
Join us on MondayJuly 31 to race and/or watch the final stage of the 2017 Portland Short Track Series presented by Hopworks Urban Brewery!
In good tradition, it will be a fun evening, with he top contenders in each category battling it out for the final series points and podium spots. After the Elite/Cat 1 race, we'll turn the PIR motocross track into the ultimate stage for a wild Ultra Short Track Team Relay race, which will be followed by our series awards and grand series raffle. This is the one night of summer bike racing in Portland you don't want to miss out on!
4:00pm - course opens for pre-riding 4:30pm- day-of-race registration opens 5:00pm -
start of FREE short track clinics 5:50pm - motocross course closed to pre-riding 6:00pm - FREE Kids Races (Cat 2-3 Kids race under the trees, Cat 1 Kids race 1 lap on the regular course) 6:15pm - Cat 3 Men 50+, Cat 2 Women (U45, 45+), Cat 3 Women 19+, Cat 3 Junior Men (10-13, 14-18), Cat 3 Junior Women (10-13, 14-18) 6:55pm - Singlespeed, Cat 2 Men 50+, Clydesdale, Cat 2 Men 60+, Cat 3 Men 19-39, Cat 3 Men 40-49 7:30pm - Elite Men, Cat 1 Men U45, Cat 1 Men 45+, Elite/Cat 1 Women, Cat 2 Men U40, Cat 2 Men 40-49
"Ultra Short Track" Team Relay Race 9:00pm - Series Awards & Raffle
2017 "ULTRA SHORT TRACK" TEAM RELAY RACE!
Like last year, we will wrap up the last night of short track racing with an all-for-fun team relay race, which will be staged on the motocross track "under the big lights", starting at 8:15pm.
Register your team today for the 2017 STXC Team Relay!
Up to 26 teams of ten riders will be able to field a team. The registration fee is $30 per team. To sign up your team online, just enter your team name and the name of your team captain in the form below, click on the Pay Now button, and then enter your payment info. That's it! Alternatively, you can pay the entry fee at the pre-reg/info desk at your next race (we accept cash, checks and credit cards). First-come (and pay), first serve... so don't wait around too long to get your team signed up!
A couple rules for the Team Relay race:
1) Every team has to have a designated team captain. If you plan to stage more than one team, you will have a unique team captain for each team.
2) Every team must submit their team roster with 10 unique racers via email by Wednesday 7/26. If there are still blank spots on your team roster, we will fill these with non-attached riders who like to race the team relay.
will has to include at least 3 (three) women or junior racers.
4) We will use special team relay plates, which must be picked up at the pre-reg/info desk by the team captains before 8pm. Please hold off with distributing the relay plates until after the start of the Cat 1 race, so they don't accidentally end up showing in the regular races. Note: relay racers racing with regular (non-relay) race plates will not be honored by the officials
5) Only racers who have registered/paid for a regular race earlier in the evening are allowed to race in the relay! note: Portland Racing volunteers who worked during the races can race on a relay team, without racing a regular race.
6) Racers can race for only one relay team.
7) Each racer can race only one lap.
8) The relay race is JUST FOR FUN! Please make sure to enjoy it in good sportsmanship. Be courteous to fellow racers from other teams (we'll have racers of all ages and skill levels racing at the same time) and keep it safe.
Since we will only be using the motocross track, the laps will be ultra-short, ultra-fast and ultra-fun to race and/or watch. The hand-off between racers of the same team will be done madison-style (touch-and-go, with or without the slinging). Spectators are allowed anywhere along the course to cheer on the racers. Expect to see some flying finishes!
- Overall top 3 finishers in each category will receive a very unique Portland Short Track Series medal.
- Overall top 3 finishers in the Pro Men and Pro/Cat 1 Women category will receive cash prizes
(total purse: $750), courtesy of our title sponsor Hopworks Urban Brewing.
- Special "rotating" team trophy for the winners of the Team Relay.
Food & Drinks: As usual, our food station will serve FREE Dave's Killer Bread PB&J sandwiches. Our title sponsor Hopworks Urban Brewery will come out again to sample their most popular organic summer ales to anyone over 21 and Nossa Familia will make an encore with their coffee cargo bike, serving free iced coffee and iced mochas!
Like previous weeks, the PIR concession stand will be open and serve burgers, hot dogs, ice cream, sodas and HUB beer! Please respect the PIR policies and do NOT bring any alcoholic beverages from outside the venue.