Portland Short Track Series 2013 "Grand Finale" (Mon 07/29/13)
Join us on Monday July 29 to race and/or watch the final stage of the 2013 Portland Mountain Bike Short Track Series!
In good tradition, it will be a fun evening, with he top contenders in each category battling it out for the final series points and podium spots. After the Pro/Cat 1 race, we'll turn the PIR motocross track into the ultimate stage for a wild Ultra Short Track Team Relay race, which will be followed by our series awards and grand series raffle. This is the one night of summer bike racing in Portland you don't want to miss out on!
Course available for pre-riding
Registration opens / start FREE Skills Clinics
FREE Kiddie Races (under the trees)
Start Cat 3 (Beginners/Juniors) Races
Start Singlespeed/Cat 2 Women/Cat 2 Men 45+ Races
Start Cat 2 Men U35, 35-44 & 55+& Clydesdale Races
Series Awards Juniors
Start Pro/Cat 1 Men & Women Races (30')
"Ultra Short Track" Team Relay Race
Series Awards for all non-junior Categories & Grand Series Raffle
"Ultra Short Track" Team Relay Race:
Like last year, we will wrap up the last night of short track racing with an all-for-fun team relay race, which will be staged on the motocross track "under the big lights", starting at 8:15pm.
A couple rules for the Team Relay:
1) Up to 25 teams of ten riders will be able to field a team. To sign up your team, just send an email to email@example.com. Registration fee is $20/team. First come, first serve, so don't wait around too long!
2) Every team has to designate a team captain. Please submit name and contact info via email.
3) Every team must submit their team roster with 10 unique racers via email by Friday 7/26. If there are still blank spots on your team roster, we will fill these with non-attached riders who like to race the team relay.
will has to include at least 3 (three) women or junior racers.
5) We will use special team relay plates, which can be picked up at the registration desk.
Note: regular series race plates will not be honored by the officials.
6) Only racers who have registered/paid for a regular race earlier in the evening are allowed to race in the relay!
7) Each racer can race only one lap.
8) Racers cannot race for two different teams.
9) Any infraction on rules 6-8 will result in disqualification of the team.
10) The relay race is JUST FOR FUN! Please make sure to enjoy it in good sportsmanship. Be courteous to fellow racers from other teams (we'll have racers of all ages and skill levels racing at the same time) and keep it safe.
Since we will only be using the motocross track, the laps will be ultra-short, ultra-fast and ultra-fun to race and/or watch. The hand-off between racers of the same team will be done madison-style (touch-and-go, with or without the slinging). Spectators are allowed anywhere along the course to cheer on the racers. Expect to see some flying finishes!
UPDATE 7/25:As of this morning, we have all 26 team slots filled for next Monday's Ultra Short Track Team Relay Race. Here is the list of teams
who will battle it out for fun and glory:
2. Cyclepath Racing
Camas Bike & Sports 1
Camas Bike & Sports 2
Camas Bike & Sports 3
Green Submarine Records
Hammer Velo & Friends
Ruckus Test Team
The Inner SE All Stars
Trailhead Coffee Roasters
Filth & Fury
Upper Echelon Fitness
Team Rose City
Oregon Bike Shop
Sweetpea Ladies Auxiliary
23. Showers Pass
24. Team Oregon
25. Daimler Trucks North America
26. Cyclepath 2
- Overall top 3 finishers in each category will receive a very unique Portland MTB Short Track Series medal.
- Overall top 3 finishers in the Pro Men and Pro/Cat 1 Women category will receive cash prizes
(total purse: $750), courtesy of our title sponsor Hopworks Urban Brewing.
- Special "rotating" team trophies for the winners of the Team Relay and the overall team standings.
Food & Drinks: As usual, the folks of Portland Design Works, Lumberyard and Northwest Trail Alliance will be out to serve PB&J sandwiches and sampling other yummy goodies courtesy of our sponsors Larabar and Food Should Taste Good. The PIR concession stand will also be open and serve burgers, hot dogs, ice cream, sodas and Hopworks beer! Please respect the PIR policies and do NOT bring any alcoholic beverages from outside the venue.
FREE Series Raffle (for all racers in attendance):
In good tradition, we'll raffle off a boat load of great prizes provided by our sponsors Hopworks Urban Brewing, Yakima, Moots, Cyclepath, Bike N Hike, Rubena, Portland Design Works, Chris King, Blaq Desigs, Camas Bikes, Nossa Familia Coffee and Ruckus Components.