Portland Short Track Series "Grand Finale" (Mon 8/1/11)
Join us on Monday August 1 to race and/or watch the final stage of the 2011 Portland Mountain Bike Short Track Series! In good tradition, it will be a fun evening, with he top contenders in each category battling it out for the final series points and podium spots. After the Pro/Cat 1 race, we'll turn the PIR motocross track into the ultimate stage for a wild "Ultra Short Track" team relay race, which will be followed by our series awards and grand series raffle. This is the one night of summer bike racing in Portland you don't want to miss out on!
|Registration opens / course available for pre-riding
FREE Kiddie Races
Cat 3 (Beginners/Juniors) Races
Singlespeed/Cat 2 Women/Cat 2 Men 45+ Races
Awards Cat 3
Cat 2 Men U35/Cat 2 Men 35-44 Races
Pro/Cat 1 Men & Women Races (30')
"Ultra Short Track" Team Relay Race
Series Awards Cat 1, 2 & Singlespeed & Series Raffle
"Ultra Short Track" Team Relay Race:
Like last year, we will wrap up the last night of short track racing with an all-for-fun team relay race, which will be staged on the motocross track "under the big lights", starting at 8:15pm. This year, we've decided to turn the relay race into a mini-fundraiser for Northwest Trail Alliance, by asking an entry fee of $30 per team and donating all proceeds of the relay race to NWTA!
A couple rules for the Team Relay:
1) Up to 25 teams can sign up until Wednesday 7/27 by sending an email to email@example.com.
Teams can pay the entrance fee for the relay race either online or the week before (Mon 7/25) at the races.
2) Every team has to designate a team captain. Please submit name and contact info via email.
3) Every team need to submit their team roster with 10 unique racers by Friday 7/29. If there are still blank spots on your team roster, we will fill these with non-attached riders who like to race the team relay.
4) Each team
will has to include at least 2 (two) women or junior racers.
5) We will use special team relay plates, which will be handed out at the relay pre-race briefing at 8pm. Regular (non-relay) race plates will not be honored by the officials.
6) Only racers who have registered/paid for a regular race earlier in the evening are allowed to race in the relay!
7) Each racer can race only one lap.
8) Racers cannot race for two different teams.
9) Any infraction on rules 6-8 will result in disqualification of the team.
10) The relay race is JUST FOR FUN! Please make sure to enjoy it in good sportsmanship. Be courteous to fellow racers from other teams (we'll have racers of all skill levels racing at the same time) and keep it safe.
Since we will only be using the motocross track, the laps will be ultra-short, ultra-fast and ultra-fun to race and/or watch. The hand-off between racers of the same team will be done madison-style (touch-and-go, with or without the slinging). Spectators are allowed anywhere along the course to cheer on the racers. Expect to see some flying finishes!
The following 25 teams will be racing the team relay:
Sorella Forte (all-women team)
Cyclepath - The Dark Side
Green Submarine Records
Camas Bikes 1
Camas Bikes 2
Chris King/Ira Ryan Cycles
Les Volontaires (the one-and-only short track volunteer team)
Les Femmes de S&M (all-women team)
Filth & Fury
West End Bikes/Specialized
Portobello Bicycle Racing
Oregon Bike Shop
Yakima Bike Vigilantes
Ruckus Test Team
Artisan Family Racing/Sprout Cycles
- Overall top 3 finishers in each category will receive a very unique Portland MTB Short Track Series trophy.
- Overall top 3 finishers in the Pro Men and Pro/Cat 1 Women category will receive cash prizes
(total purse: $750) , courtesy of our title sponsor Hopworks Urban Brewing.
Food & Drinks:
As usual, the Chris King crew will be serving lemonade and yummy goodies and racers will enjoy free post-race PB&J sandwiches, courtesy of St Honoré Bakery . And to celebrate our final night of racing, Nossa Familia Coffee will be out at short tracl this Monday, serving free, delicious, iced mochas! The PIR concession stand will also be open and serve burgers, hot dogs, ice cream, sodas and Hopworks beer! Please respect the PIR policies and do NOT bring any alcoholic beverages from outside the venue.
In good tradition, we'll raffle off a boat load of great prizes provided by our sponsors Hopworks Urban Brewing, Chris King, Yakima, Moots, Cyclepath, Bike N Hike, Portland Design Works and Nossa Familia Coffee.